[Dailydrool] Mendy and Wendy the Parvo girls

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jun 15 20:08:19 PDT 2009

  Just wanted everyone to know Mendy came home tonight she beat Parvo and now is doing well. Her sister Wendy has been okay for the past four days but Mendy had to stay hospitalized over the weekend with 24 hr care. When she got back here to the rescue, she wolfed down a can of A/D for us and then took a healthy regular poop!!! Woohoo!! We will have to wait two weeks to get her and her sister spayed to get their immune system built back up. We raised around $580.00 toward their vet bill and it was $798.12.  We did have a garage sale this past Saturday and raised $253.00 but that money was designated to get Happy and Tinkerbells teeth cleaned, We had designated that money to get their teeth cleaned for several months. So we still need to raise a bit more to get everything we need done done. Then we need to get them spayed and buy our monthly heartworm preventative for 19 dogs. I just wanted everyone to know how blessed we feel to have such a great crowd of Basset supporters! Rescues cannot make it without donations and we solicit all the time to the community but Droolers always come through for us. Thank you from Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc.   wmbri.org