[Dailydrool] Trout Parade Report from Mid-ABHR

Suzanne Fitch adopt4paws at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 13:47:22 PDT 2009

The weather cooperated for a great weekend up in Livingston Manor, NY.  Overall, a fun and successful time. The Inn needs some work, but the staff that was there during the weekend was extremely accommodating and the food good. We had a blast at Buffalo Zach's Cafe - excellent food, the hounds were able to be there with us, and the owner and his staff loved us. Back to the Inn for wine, champagne and cannolis on the porch, lots of laughs, and making new friends.

Saturday turned out to be HOT!!!!!!!!!! After a very leisurely breakfast complete with Moon Doggie Coffee (courtesy of Donna & Bob Funk), we had about 40 people and more hounds, some whom did not make it all the way through, like Jethro. It's a slow progression down this small town Main Street. The crowd LOVED us. Many, many photos taken and the bassets did their usual crowd diving for pets and many people from the sidelines came diving into the bassets for pets!!

We went back to the Inn to cool off and enjoy a good lunch. MANY raffle baskets - the merchandise sales, auction items and raffles were terrific and the event made so much more fun by Marti Gregor at the megaphone and Bob Rushworth doing his fashion show strut for some of the auction items.

Around 7pm, we reconvened for a delicious dinner at the Inn, lots of stories, and more champagne and wine, well into the night.

Despite being still sleep deprived, I had a wonderful time and am so grateful to Ellen Brown, Marti Gregor and Ingrid Kjeldaas for helping to make it memorable. The rescue did very well overall for the event and we're already planning next year's, complete with another float!

Melynda Majors and Marilyn Brazzle looked fabulous, Along with Ingrid, they also surprised me with some gifts to help keep some of the memories going.

Photos available at the following links:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Beth2008CP/TroutParade61309PART1#slideshow/5346985665246579794

http://picasaweb.google.com/Beth2008CP/TroutParade61309Part2#slideshow/5347289899178946594

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/elonmom514/Trout%20Parade%202009/