[Dailydrool] My dear sweet Cheyene is ATB.

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 18:59:15 PDT 2009

I want let all my drool family know that the best dog I  have ever  owned
has left for the bridge this afternoon.  None of you knew my Cheyene,  as she
was not a basset.  I got her 9 years ago, a dump off at the  shelter.  For
6 months she had such bad separation problems that we had to  crate her.
She literally tore the house the first day we left her.   It was so sad.  I
slept with her on the couch for the first few nights, and  then it was the
bed.  Never in 9 years did she ever sleep any place else  but with me on the
bed,  until Monday night when she did  not climb  up.  When I  broke my
shoulder,  she slept on the couch with me  for weeks, and when I  was recovering
from my back surgery she was next to  me constantly.  When she did not get up
on the  bed that  night I knew that something was really bad.  When at the
lake  over the weekend she was listless, and started to not eat well.  The
eating  just got worse.  That along with the lethargy and not wanting to get
in bed  caused me to take her  to the vet, where he suspected anemia and
suggested  the CDC panel.  That came back this morning with the suggestion
that I have  the ultrasound done asap.  Thaat is when they told me she had
tumors   on both her kidneys, her liver and spleen, and had internal bleeding.
The  options they gave me were to  go home with her and have her bleed to
death some day or humanely put her to to sleep with me there.  I chose  the
latter for  obvious reasons.  My Cheyene was faithful  beyond  words.  She
did not have a mean bone in  her body, even for Ben.   He always forgave him,
and the two even became rough house buds.  She could  not hold her licker,
even to the  point  of  being  annoying.  Now it is something I will miss.
This afternoon I let her  wash my face completely for the last time. She
played second fiddle to the  bassets, but still was always there for me.  She
was always the first to  greet me coming home, and always had a smile on her
face. She always wanted  to please, no matter what.  I will truly miss  her,
but am glad that  the other  two are hear to help.  Again, deepest thanks
to all of  you  for helping me  get through  this terrible and shocking
time.  God, I wish it  had been just one tumor that could have been  removed and
she  would still be here.  I would have paid for   it  gladly.  Give all
your hounds a special hug tonight, hold  them  tight because you never know
when they will leave you.  I never  expected this at all, as there were never
any signs what soever until late  last week.

DDropp and the hounds, now minus  Chyene

**************Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222865043x1201494942/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692145%3B38015538%3Bh)