[Dailydrool] Heart meds and eating

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 05:44:03 PDT 2009

I am not debating any of the aforementioned statements..just reporting our
experience...Lily has been on Enalapril since last year. More recently she
had to increase it to twice a day.  she is also on one and a half Lasix
daily and one baby aspirin every other day. She also takes two Thyroid pills
daily and a vitamin.  I can't say she sleeps any more than she did before
(for an almost 12 yr old) but she *does sleep a lot*. She* always did*. Every
once in a couple weeks she will have a day, though, that the sleeping is
endless and she's not interested in much else. However, at any given time
she will still take down the kitchen garbage can  and spread the trash all
over and wrestle with the lid until it surrenders. In Lily's case, the
Enalapril eases her coughing symptoms. Also, I can't say that it has
affected her appetite.  She still eats regularly, *most *of the time.  Once
in a while, when she doesn't want to eat and sleeps all day and I start
getting worried and vow that we are going to the vet...she usually is back
on track the next morning. Food has alway been her favorite thing and she
doesn't give up on it easily.
She was seriously ill this winter but that was her liver and the enzymes
were off the wall.  We consulted with the vet and Auntie Sandy and got some
good advice that got her back on track there too.
Her 12 th birthday is August 17 and I am hoping that her big heart (weak
though it may be) and strong determination will get her there one more time.
Even though we haven't posted about her illnesses recently we always knew
that the gallons of drool being flung far and wide probably splashed on her
too and helped her get this far and for that we are grateful.

Pat

Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.
Pwincess LilyGurl, Rudy- Protege to the pwincess,  and the rest of the
entourage