[Dailydrool] Henry (Dead Dawg) Repawtin on Basset Fun Day 2009

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 04:39:37 PDT 2009

Hello Droolers!

Hi it is me Henry repawtin  'bout the Basset Rescue of Puget Sound's
Basset Fun Day ! If I leave some things out I hope somebody else will  repawt
too!  Remember mee I was the dead dawg who died in tandem with  Queen Lucy
Kauffman an' I am Stuies buddy too we were the ones zooming  around and around
and around.

Tricks!: The Famous Houndie from Mt. Rainier did the  Best  Trick He even
outdid himself  from his record high stack he performed at  the Basset Bash!
We are wishing somebody got a photo of all those boxes  and things Beth
stacked on his head! WOW it was as tall as a MOUNTAIN! What  a good balancer!
We all just watched with amazement at his good balance as the  stack higher
and HIGHER! Hooray what a fun trick!

"Bulah"  had a Wardrobe Malfunction" (she p'd on her red and  white gingham
skirt by accident) and we didn't get a photo of "Barney"  either  in his
usual spot under the registration table at Loretta's feet,  Betty's
whirllygiggy beanie got smooshed, "Mr. Lumpy" kept stepping on his  scarf... and King
Bob (and family)  couldn't come because it was raining  where he lives and
it looked like RAIN RAIN RAIN  but there is always  NEXT YEAR and besides
Basset Fun won the day and it sure was good to see  everybody who could come.
We missed seeing some of our regular Basset Rescue  supporters but still the
attendance was UP and the entire day before it  poured and drizzled rain and
was cloudy...but Basset Fun Day turned out to  be so sunny and the dogs
just had a gas running around out on the green  grass!

We ALL worked hard and then everybody all the Basset Fun Day Party  Goers
played hard and ate grreat  an cleaned off the sale table and then  the
raffle table too and at the end we just sat around too tired to move or  leave!
lolarroughs! What a blue blue sky and green grass and we are so Thankful  and
Grateful for everybody helping the homeless hounds of Puget Sound!

What a good day filled with so much love and help for the Rescued  Bassets!
 We pulled together and everybody I mean everybody  donated more than ever
before!  Not only with everybody donating money  but also what they decided
to donate like helping for making the Basset Fun Day  HAPPEN  that costs
too! in all the thousand ways and everybody  needed: long miles driven to GET
there, for good lunch to eat, raffles  prizes to raffle, fun stuff for the
SALE TABLE, and Chairs and huge tables to  sit around, Coffee to drink, Tables
to be manned, and gate/dogs to be watched  over....doing the games and
contests ring...remembering the Medical Emergency  Kit, MC-ing and  making the
labels for the trophies,  Sandi doing the  Hounds Massage. Our new logo that
Renee Bane did for us is soooo fun too  and we think everybody liked it
alot!

Our darlings remembered who are at the bridge were there too it was  also a
time to remember these loved ones. This year three people gave  envelopes
with donations In loving memory: "BJ" Beatrice Joslin , "Boxer", and  "Melba
Toast".

 Seeing our hounds together was so much fun. Also specially good to be  all
together remembering them ~ telling stories/maybe just to say their  names
out loud.

We even maybe hooked up 3 terrific homes for 3 of the Rescue Basset Hounds
at the Basset Fun Day! Danny who used to be crabby..and is what we call a
"Baby  Snapper" (why he was given to rescue Grring the baby = "Baby Snapper")
Hey HE  wants to be the baby! It turned out that not only did his people
not protect him  from the baby but he needed dental care that other Vets did
not catch now  that his teeth are fixed and the rotten ones are OUT... ...ALL
THE TIME NOW  DANNY WAGS!  He was walking around wagging his tail the
ENTIRE DAY SHOWING  OFF his fine happy new self and his bag of rotten teeth! He
had on an orange new  RESCUE VEST with the see through pockets on his
sides...one pocket with the  story of how Dr. Marta Norbrega of Mercy Vet on Mercer
Island cleaned  his teeth and took out a HANDFULL of rotten teeth...Danny's
life has totally  changed now! ever again will a drunken person/owner ever
again  kick him or  yell at him.
He had that bag of icky teeth to show off in his RESCUE VEST (another
donation Thank You Sandy Gaston) and he and his waggy tail caught the  eye of a
very nice lady who is now thinking about adopting him! YAY!!!

We just booked for our HOWL-O-WEEN PAWTY!!! at the Academy of Canine
Behavior for a Basset Fun Day HOWLOWEEN PARTY  Sunday October 25th.  and we hope
you can come! You are Invited! It is a finger fude potluck and  costume and
games pawty! Musical Bassets!

NEXT YEAR AT BASSET FUN DAY IN THE SPRING WE WANT TO HAVE "FUNNIEST  HAT"
contest. That oughtta be a good one too!

Thank You for listening about this years Basset Fun Day of the Basset
Rescue of Puget Sound.

Love and Woofin frum Henry
Repawtin for the DD about Basset Fun Day this year!

grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000004)