[Dailydrool] A very special thank you!

Valerdoos at aol.com Valerdoos at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 18:10:13 PDT 2009

My wife Valerie has ben an avid reader of the Drool for over seven  years.
She has never posted before, but over the years we have shared in  the
humor of characters like Brudder Elwood, Nigel & Lewis, Frank the Tank -  those
names immediately come to mind, but there have been so very many happy
stories.  We have also shared in the sorrow when a dear friend has gone on  to
the bridge.  It seems whenever we had a question about our own furry  child,
there was always a thread going on the Drool and she easily found the
answers to whatever the question.

Yesterday Val posted for the first time.  Sarah Jane, our 9 year  old
tri-color was going in for back surgery and we had so many questions.   Val
reached out to the Drool for help.

We dropped off Sarah off at the Vet this morning and waited for news.   Val
called me at work long before we should have had word about Sarah's
surgery, and she was in tears.  I immediately thought the worst.

Here is where the huge Thank-You comes in.  Valerie was overcome to  the
point of tears from the response she received from the Drool.   So  many well
wishers and long e-mails from folks who had gone thru the same surgery  with
their hound, she was completely overwhelmed.  We have so much  appreciation
for all of the support we have received, and even  more thankful for the
all of the wonderful advice and tips we received  on how to cope with our
situation.

Our Vet Surgeon had warned us of all the risks involved, and the first call
 shortly after the surgery said that Sarah was doing fine.  A follow up
call three hours later was even better when Sarah was actually able to stand
on  her own in the recovery cage.  We know full well that there is now a long
 recovery period, but Sarah's future is looking pretty good at this point.

Special thanks go out to Dr. Deb Weisman in Cheshire Connecticut, a first
rate vet, top notch surgeon, and even though she serves as the director of
her  vet hospital, still got down on the floor with Sarah during her initial
exam and  got a sloppy basset kiss!

Again, a very special thank you to the folks that helped us out in our time
 of need!

Dave, Val and Sarah Jane

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823273x1201398689/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun