[Dailydrool] Ear Resection or TECA

snupnhomer at aol.com snupnhomer at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 10:06:19 PDT 2009

Hi all
It has been a long time. ?I've been busy with grad school (again).

Jake is roughly 10 years old and he has had ear infections nearly nonstop in the 2 years since I adopted him. ?The longest he's gone without an ear infection is 5 months. ?

His ear was getting better, but it took a turn for the worse and is totally ulcerated on the inside. ?We are having another culture done to see if the antibiotic is correct...

He's also developed a heart murmur in the last 4 months; the vet thinks it could be that ear bacteria entered the blood stream and infected his heart. ?

The moral of the story is that the vet thinks it might be time to consider surgery on his ears, if only to remove the damaged tissue.

Has anyone undergone this? ?Where did you go? ?What led to the decision? ?What was the outcome?

Thanks

Tina and Jake :)

Homer ATB