[Dailydrool] Calypso the sick

gravemast at aol.com gravemast at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 16:49:05 PDT 2009

Well, It has been one hell of a two week period.? Calypso, my 13 year old decided that she was more allergic to everything than we ever thought.? She was haveing some serious trouble breathing and hacking up some wonderful looking chunks.? So I took her to the vet....1 chest xray and some tests later, the docs told me it was a bad allergic reaction and she went on a pill that had a tussive, steroid, and?allergy med all in one.? Unfortunately, it made her drink much more so the poor old girl started having accidents around the house. After a week on the pill, she was doing much better and went back in for a follow up.? Doctore gave a clean bill of health, and a lovely virus to take home.? Late that night she started alternating shivering and panting....then the next day she barfed a few times.? But the worst part was she wouldnt eat dinner.? I was horrified.? This dog loves?her food.? Called the vet who got back to me as I was half way to the emergency vetspital, and he said that there were some viruses going around and she likely caught one.? That saved me the emergency vet costs but then I also realized that she probably caught the virus 24 hours earlier at the vets during her follow up.? Put her on some Pepto, she was better 24 hourse later, and almost back to normal 48 hours late, except she was a bit weak.?

All of this right on and around her 13th birthday.? Was gonna have a cake for her, but didnt want to order it while she was sick, so she will get it later this month.

So, I want to wish my old baby girl a happy 13th birthday.? 13 years ago I brought this frightened, docile basset home from a farm where she was being dragged around by the ears from the little girl that lived there.? We brought her home, gave her a huge flea bath and combed her (he first bath) made a little doggy bed in the bedroom.? As we went to sleep that night she whined all nite until we put her on the bed, and she promptly went into a sound sleep, her nose on my hip, and her back end on my ex-wifes hip.?She has slept in the bed ever since.?The vet cleaned?up her ear mites and tied her humongous ears into a?knot a few days later.? She always wags her tail when?I get home from work and sits in my lap on the couch. She has been with me longer than my exwife, has lived with me?through 5 moves, 3 major hurricanes, 3 jobs, 2 new dogs (including a rescue) and an enormous number of ups and downs in? my life.? She has always been there for me and I love her dearly.? I cannot say how lucky I am to have her and I hope she is with me for many more years.

I luv ya Lypso....you will always be daddy's baby

Tom, Slave to Harley and Calypso