[Dailydrool] Drool Needed

Dooley, Cynthia Cynthia.Dooley at gdc4s.com
Thu Jun 25 05:06:31 PDT 2009

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from my very upset sister... Her
dog (non-Bassett) was with her at the vet, because she was not able to
swallow food or water.  Turns out she (Lyra) has a very swollen right
side of her tongue.  The doc gave her some antibiotics and told me
sister, to hope that it is just an infection, sent her home with cans of
soft food  to try and get her to swallow if place in the good side of
her tongue, and antibiotics.  Poor Lyra she looks so pitiful and sad.  I
got her to come outside to pee by enticing her with cheese.. Then I
managed to get an entire can of food into her, by hand feeding her last
night.  Today she goes back to the vet to see how she is doing.  They
did give her fluids yesterday too.. To get water into her we have to use
a turkey baster.  Lyra is a 120 lb dog.  She is half Rottie and half
Newfie.. I call her 'Bear'.  cause that is what she looks like to me, a
very cuddly bear.  I would love some drool slung our way for miss lyra..
Will post when I know more about her visit to the doc today.

Thanks.. and rocky & clyde are sending snooter kisses to all that need
them too.

Cindy