[Dailydrool] keeping dog kibble fresh.

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sun Jun 28 12:54:46 PDT 2009

A 35 lb bag lasts me 5 days, so I'm not worried about it spoiling. I have a large plastic screw top bin in the kitchen that holds two bags worth, and I know no kibble is going to go bad in 10 days. It makes life much easier to have the food at hand and not need to fill all those bowls in the garage. If I had a chihuahua, I wouldn't keep 50 lbs of kibble in a bin though. And the bins need to be washed out, as I'm sure the residual dust and oil can go bad and affect the rest of the food. I don't wash every time, but once a month or so I hose it out.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl, Mango
Ace, Maya, Sage, Kirby