[Dailydrool] Playing catch up ... again

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 11:01:19 PDT 2009

Catching up after a long weekend in Baltimore....

Heart healing drool to Gia's mommy :(  We will light a candle to help her to the bridge.

Elmo:  Might want to get an echocardiogram at the cardiologist once the current meds have been on board for a month or so.

Mango:  You are a vision in grey and white.  A true senior "lady" if I have ever seen one.  Flash is clapping his big bear feet together for all of Synthia's hard work and pure love.

So bummed that we missed Freedom Fest.  Although we had a nice long weekend in Baltimore that was lovely, alas it was basset-less.

Barney:  A veterinary behaviorist might be the best idea for him as there may be underlying issues causing this behavioral change.  These docs work wonders!  Best to handle him before he handles you.

Otis:  Drool for your poor little sad eyes.  I hope the ophthalmologist can get things under control today.

Angela:  A 5 pound weight loss is the best thing I have heard all week!!!  We are so proud of you and all of your hard work.  It will be paid back 10 fold in good health for years to come!  Also happy to hear that Jacquie is doing much better.

Mice in kibble:  I would call the pet food company and ask someone who might actually know if keeping the food in the original bag was necessary and what the reason would be for that.  I have always used air tight containers.

Continuing production of military standard, safe-return drool for the Colonel.

Toby: Diets low in protein are the best for kidney disease/failure patients.  Hill's (Science Diet) makes k/d, very few dogs like it, but always worth trying.  There is also NF by Purina, Renal LP or MP by Royal Canin, and Eukanuba (Iams) Renal Early Stage (I have very limited experience with the last one).  Also if phosphorus levels are elevated a phosphorus binder can be given at the discretion of your veterinarian.  Definitely get to know the new vet better and have lots of open dialogue to be a super informed owner!

Congratulations Pw. Justin!  You give so many hope to achieve even greater levels of training for slaves.

I start my new job tomorrow and I’m super nervous so I need just a *little* confidence building drool for tomorrow.  Keep the rest of the drool for those truly in need.

Laura
Flash and
Ryu (non-Basset, Coconut Retriever Extraordinaire)