[Dailydrool] food

Candray, Nancy M. Nancy.Candray at boe.ca.gov
Thu Mar 19 08:47:35 PDT 2009

I know this subject has been beaten over the head a million and one
times and then some, but I need the every-so-wise opinion of the drool.

My friend recently discovered a food called Lotus. My friend has a very
finicky golden retriever eater who suffers from food allergies. Simba
(her dog) had been on Canidae, then Innova. While Simba did better on
Innova, he would still not eat until he had and only if she would be
there with him.  to a feed store and the worker there told her about
Merrick and Lotus. Lotus was what sold her. She bought some and to her
amazement Simba is less itchy and he eats on his own!!

While Speedy is on Eagle Pack Holistic and I very much like it, I was
considering switching him to Lotus. He is not a finicky, but is a little
pink.

I was looking at Lotus' website it seems to be a California based
company and only a few stores carry it here in So Cal. I read up on
ingredients. Ingredients are:

 Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice,
Deboned White Fish, Ground Oats, Oil Blend (Olive Oil, Salmon Oil, and
Evening Primrose Oil), preserved with mixed Tocopherols (a natural
source of Vitamin E) and Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Sea Salt, Dried
Whole Egg, Brewers Dried Yeast, Fresh Whole Garlic, Fresh Whole Sweet
Peas, Fresh Whole Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Whole Carrots, Fresh Whole Green
Apples, Ground Flaxseed, Dried Kelp, Dried Chicory Root, Yucca Shidigera
Extract, Grapeseed Extract, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus
Lactis, and Lactobacillus Casei, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin
Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement,
Alpha-Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Supplement), Thiamine Mononitrate,
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Folic
Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Biotin,
Choline Chloride, Manganese Proteinate (amino acidchelate), Copper
Proteinate (amino acidchelate), and Zinc Proteinate (amino acidchelate),
Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, and
Vitamin B12 Supplement

Plus it's baked! I'm really, really considering. Has anyone out there
tried this? Feel free to email me directly. I really would love to know.

E-file now, find out how....www.boe.ca.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  It is solely for
the use of the intended recipient(s).  Unauthorized interception,
review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the communication.