[Dailydrool] Pet insurance

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 07:39:48 PST 2009

I know this has been covered in the past, but the insurance industry is changing so quickly I'm not sure if the answers are still the same. Basil is coming home today (yay!) and I definitely want to get some insurance for him. Does anyone have experience with either the ASPCA's insurance or Pet's Best? Since Basil is "of a certain age", some of the companies won't even offer coverage aside from accident, but these two companies both claim there's no age limit. I'm particularly interested in whether you've had any problems getting reimbursed for things that are clearly covered - when I first adopted Waldo seven years ago I had insurance through VPI, and they hassled me over every little thing, no matter how clearly the policy stated that they should be covered.

Thanks,

Esther, Waldo ATB, and soon-to-be Basil Rathbone