[Dailydrool] Too early to drink?

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Mar 2 16:26:29 PST 2009

Bev and Debbie,

I think 2:15 is a great time to drink, too.  I posted a video of Frank in the Snow this afternoon, and got rave reviews, and even posted a sequel, of Frank in slo-mo.  What I DIDN'T post is what happened earlier this morning, before I shot the Happy Video:

I let our two hounds out around 6:45, and Frank didn't come inside in his normal time frame, 5-10 minutes.  Out the window, I could only see one basset-plow mark through the snow, going away from our house.  So Bill and I got dressed in a big hurry, searched for our snow boots (Bill's had mouse turds in them after being in the basement for two years - gak!), and we went out to follow Frank's trail.  Since we'd had 6-8" of snow, it didn't take a bloodhound to follow where Mr Tank had been; tracking him was a piece of cake.  He'd gone into our woods, across the Invisible Fence line between us and our next-door-neighbor, to their front door, back off their porch, around to their garage . . . we found him two houses down, down in the woods, doing what these hounds love to do - GO HUNTING!

It turns out that when sleepy Bill let the dogs out at 4:30 to pee, he had put --both--  Invisible Fence collars on Sarah, our older basset hound, so Frank had gone out "naked"!  We took him out on a leash for the rest of the morning, just to make sure he knew he couldn't do that again! He had lost his point of reference in all that snow, I'm sure, and when his collar didn't beep, I bet he didn't even notice.

We had early cocktails tonight :)

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and wandering Frank the Tank (LOVE that snow-stuff!)

Frank in the Snow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdn-OFxcjQ
Frank in the Snow (slow-motion clip):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8im9YA-tYFQ