[Dailydrool] Maggie and friends

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:23:25 PST 2009

We have had a cold gray day here with little excitement.  I will take that as a good thing.  Maggie has decided that breakfast is not her thing for at least today.  I have tried several time to get her to eat but she is not interested.  Considering that she is a fluffy girl it won't hurt her to miss a meal except that I know she loves to eat as much as any basset.  She doesn't seem sick, just uninterested in her bowl.  Maybe she is bored with my food choices.  Her sisters would be glad to rid the world of her boring breakfast but I wouldn't let them.

Maggie is laying on my foot as I type this and Ninja has her paw and head on my shoulder from back of the couch.  It looks like she is reading over my shoulder.  Very soon it will be dinner time so Maggie will get her breakfast for dinner.  I hope she is hungry now.  Yesterday, Nic had the day off of school and told me when I got home from running errands that Maggie had barked in the back yard for about an hour and he couldn't get her to come in.   I never let them bark too long for fear that some crabby neighbor person will call in a noise complaint.  Come to find out, she had gotten inside the garden fence which is in the backyard to protect the garden beds from being basset beds and couldn't find her way out.  So far I haven't heard from anyone about the barking.

Shelby goes out and talks to the other dogs in the neighbohood.  It sounds like they are having a conversation and maybe they are.  She also talks to us.  She tells us when her water bowl is empty, when she is hungry and when she wants out.  She doesn't bark her words but does something in a cross between a moo and a snort.  It is funny to  listen to.

Dinner has been served and devoured by at least three houndettes.  Maggie ate some but Marley was making sure the bowl met her clean and shiney standards.  Maggie will eat certain things.  I hope she gets over her pickiness.  Soon.

We are sending heart healing drool to those who have lost bassets recently.  It needs to stop.  Too much sadness.

Snooters and hugs from Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby the foster and Mom