[Dailydrool] could this happen?

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:52:35 PST 2009

This may be an odd conversation for some, but I was wondering something
about bassets.  For the back story, I was hypnotized today as part of our
wellness program at work. Not sure if I believe in it or not, but I will try
almost anything once. Anyhow, assuming hypnotism works, could dogs (bassets)
be hypnotized?  If so, I would love to get all 4 hypnotized here. I would
get Maggie hypnotized to stop eating feces and the same for Oliver and
Cooper. I would definitely get Mazzie done to stop the urinating on the dog
bed daily. (For those who don't know we have been through a whole lot of
tests for it and she has fusion in her back that could be affecting it, but
she is not eligible for surgery).  Why stop there? I think I would have to
get Mazzie done for sleeping in too.  I need and like my sleep and every day
she gets up early.  It would be so nice to not get woken up really early.

The hounds went on a bark a thon tonight. My 12 year old daughter was
outside with them and one guy walks by with another basset.  I went outside
to quiet them and ask the daughter why she let them bark. She says, "I was
telling them shut up, but they won't." The reason that I can think of is
because I don't like "shut up" used to anyone furry or non in my house. Not
polite. I came out and said Maggie and Mazzie BE QUIET and the barking
stopped instantly.  If only the 2 legger kids would train as well.

I think I may have forgotten to post this--we added a new 4 legger to the
bunch a few days after Christmas. Yes, he was a gift for my 9 year old son
from my mother and step=father. I ok'd it.  I also required my 9 year old to
sign a contract agreeing to go by the rules and how to take responsibility
with his own furry friend. The contract hangs above the area on the wall for
my son to read while he is tending to "Hammie" the hamster.  I agreed
knowing full well that I would be the one to tend to Hammie should my son
not stand up to his part of the deal.  Oliver the doxie has taken the most
interest in Hammie.  Hammie is upstairs where the bassets do not go. I carry
the doxies down the stairs in the morning so they are the only ones around
Hammie.

Anyhow, hope everyone is well and we get a break from the sad postings on
the drool.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper