[Dailydrool] big doggies

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:37:20 PST 2009

I have a big doggie too, Joey, he's a 2 time rescue (I'm his second family,
and 3rd owner, if you can call the first "breeder" who shoved him in a crate
for a year & forgot about him an owner!) He's a big boy too, much larger
than a normal basset.

If you want to get some weight off your Oz fast, start giving him green
beans, low or no sodium ones. mix in a 1/2 can in the morning & 1/2 can at
night, and cut back 1/4 to 1/2 cup of dog food. Doggie still eats good, but
will drop the pounds! Joey's so far lost about 10 lbs. in about 8 mos. or
so. He's about where he should be, and is SO much happier for it! You can
just tell by the look on his face!

Don't worry about Oz not doing the basset 500, not all houndies do! Lots are
perfectly content just lounging around. It sounds like he gets pleanty of
excercise chasing those rhodesians, scotty & kitty!

Welcome to the drool! We basset owners are all a bit crazy, but really,
there's some super knowledgable people on the list, and the stories are
funny!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473