[Dailydrool] ***IMPAWTENT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CLYDE KADIDDLEHOPPER

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Wed Mar 11 03:45:52 PDT 2009

Hi, it's me, Clyde Kaddidlehopper, you know the little boy hound who is always worried about other homeless hounds because I was one a litttle over 2 years ago.  I know from pawsonal experience what it is to lose your home and family and what it's like to be rescued and find a forever home.  My momma...errr sorry...I mean the blondeslave works in Publishing and when I came to live with her and the dadslave there were many many books around the house.  I showed quite an apptitude for reading like my furend Llewis-hi Llewis!  I wanted very much to help other homeless hounds and thought and thought and thought and thought...well, you understand-I haven't received my big boy brains yet.  Then it hit me, well, in all honesty, Huggie Bear threw a book at me and it hit me in the head.  That was it!!!  I would put my reading to good use and start a Bark of the Month(well almost) Club and use the profits from selling very special author signed copies of different books to make money for the homeless hounds.   My previous selections have been, Hound from the Pound, Some Dog, Bella Basset Ballerina and Champion Sleeper.  So without further dithering about I am VERY proud to announce my latest title, Deer Aint Peggy by Sherlock P. Blanchard.  This is my first title written by a basset hound.

Welcome to the world of my new furend Sherlock P. Blanchard, Basset Hound.

This book contains a collection of 50 letters written by a Basset Hound to his human relatives and friends. Sherlock's letters appeal to adults -- young and old -- and to teenagers. From his perspective, everything makes perfect sense.   From a human reader's perspective, the letters are hilarious and endearing. Sherlock suggests innovative solutions to humankind's perplexities. He provides unusual observations of human and pet behavior. Sherlock reports on his misadventures around the house, in the neighborhood, on outings and trips, and at the veterinarian's.

About the Author: Sherlock Perry Blanchard is a fourteen-year-old Basset Hound. He has lived in Florida, Georgia, Texas and North Carolina, and has traveled extensively in most of the Southern states. Sherlock's original dream was to become a TV repairman. He signed up for a TV repair correspondence course. In the first workbook exercise, the instructions were to "grasp the reiterate between your thumb and forefinger and gently pull over and out." Lacking an opposable thumb, he grabbed the reiterate with his teeth, and it shocked the zippy-tee-doo-dah out of him.  He gave up TV repair on the spot (no pun intended) and made the fateful decision to become a writer and philosopher. His writings have concentrated on solving humankind's irritating problems; recording unusual observations of human and pet behavior; and journaling his many misadventures.

OTHER LITERARY WORKS: Sherlock has a large collection of letters he has written to friends and relatives. This is his first published compilation.  Sherlock owns Bob Blanchard and family.

Okay, here are the REALLY impawtent details.  All books will be signed by the author and will be mailed Flat Rate priority.  The cost of one book INCLUDING shipping will be $$20.00.  Since we're sending the books Flat Rate Priority more than one copy of the book can be sent in one envelope.  Since the blondeslave is without transportation at the moment we are guessing that up to three books can fit in one envelope for the same shipping fee.  So if you would like additional copies of the book they would be $15.00 each.  For example 2 books would be a total of $35.00 including shipping.  Please contact the blondeslave at sgmoose at optonline.net<mailto:sgmoose at optonline.net> to reserve your copies.  Remember ALL profits from the sale of the book will go towards our BW pledges to help the homeless hounds at Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue.  The blondeslave will reply with payment details when you e-mail to reserve your copy of the book.  Remember-it's never too early to start collecting your Secret Pawtner gifts.  Oh, yes GM2B Pw XB, so sorry, almost forgot, did you get your Woofle tickets yet?