[Dailydrool] Update Gretchen and pups

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Thu Mar 12 10:38:08 PDT 2009

Our website for Gretchen and her pups is now back up and running with new
pictures!  And if I can beg my way back in, there will be more new pictures
after this weekend.  BBR is please to report that all 6 puppies and mom
Gretchen are doing well.  Foster mom was very concerned about the little
girl, the last to be born.  She was not thriving like the rest of the
litter.  However, with many supplemental feedings and fluids, little girl
has now started suckling on her own and is showing a more normal activity
level.  She is only half the size of her big brothers but we are now getting
hopeful that she will make it.

Gretchen is doing the best she can to take good care of these babies but she
is very skinny and feeding all these hungry pups is pulling the nourishment
back out of her as quickly as the foster mom can get it in.  Whatever Miss
Gretchen will eat is provided and she is tempted with treats constantly.
All Drool is being accepted and please cross those paws for continued
improvement for the entire family.  BBR feels so lucky to have such an
experienced foster home taking care of this crew, it is not an easy task.

The first few pictures were pre-delivery.  Gretchen was tucking herself into
all sorts of strange places trying to get "comfortable".  She still has a
tendency to try and crawl into small places.  Perhaps it makes her feel more
secure.  Also some pictures of the little girl next to her BIG brother.
Please note, Gretchen has dirty feet because she has been out playing in the
mud in her big fenced in back yard, just a little girl herself.

http://www.firstgiving.com/bbrgretchen

http://imageevent.com/buckbasset/puppies;jsessionid=tesm3hax02.penguin_s?n=0
<http://imageevent.com/buckbasset/puppies;jsessionid=tesm3hax02.penguin_s?n=
0&z=2&c=5&x=1&m=24&w=0&p=0> &z=2&c=5&x=1&m=24&w=0&p=0

Lisa and the MN Woofers,

Ella Marie, Sidney & Hank