[Dailydrool] First Birthday

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Thu Mar 12 11:31:36 PDT 2009

Today Lillie Pearl has her first birthday!!!  She is now officially what we term "a big girl now".

Lillie Pearl was adopted last September from Alabama Basset and Bloodhound Rescue because someone in our family felt we could add just one more hound.  She had just turned six months old, was a little shy and timid, and we loved her the moment we saw her.

Lillie Pearl is one of the best snugglers we've ever had.  She does not hesitate to steal someone's place and/or to fit into a spot that is almost nonexistent so she can sit by one of us.  She loves to play, and play she does, almost 24/7.  If Lowretta is not available, which she usually is, she'll play with an older hound for as long as they can take it, or play by herself.

    One of the Katrina squirrels I raised for nine months and then released, Hattie, gives Lillie Pearl what-for almost every day.   As I write this, Lillie Pearl is outside in the cold wind with it drizzling because she knows its her birthday and she believes today is the day she's going to get Hattie.  Thankfully, Hattie is waaaay too smart for that.

    Today we'll have (and have had) lots of treats, a few presents, and cake and ice cream tonight.

    Happy Birthday, Sweet Lillie Pearl.  Our lives would be downright boring without you.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)