[Dailydrool] More of our old houndies ATB - Blossom

saba2r at aol.com saba2r at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 12:21:05 PDT 2009

Ok, that's it.  I've told myself not to read the DD at work.  It was
bad enough reading about Grampa Mitchell several days late and now
today - Pawcasso Blossom, along with others every day now it seems.
Arfur, your wonderful tribute song just made me sob that much harder.

Just think, homes everywhere bear witness to her life and talent.  The
shiny ornaments, the stockings hung by the chimneys with care.
How much joy has been added with these decorations that speak to the
love we have for our babies.  At Maw-Maw's house, all pet stockings are
brought on Christmas Eve to hang on the matriarch's chimney - a
testimony to how much love one woman can have for all - human babies
(grown and wee) as well as fur babies (old and new).  This past
holiday, I was one of the ones who posted that bringing out the
Pawcasso Blossom ornament and stocking bearing the name of my boy,
Roscoe P Hunter, brought tears afresh.  I could not leave them boxed -
I hung them just the same.  I overheard my brother asking Mom why the
stocking was hanging with the others and she said, "Hush!  Because she
wants it there.", sort of like indulging your mentally ill relative who
sees things, I guess.  Not that my brother is mean - but we always have
new babies to find spaces for.

I'm sure the DD section of Rainbow Bridge is becoming bright and
shiny.....

Becca
Mommy of mutt sis Angel
Roscoe P Hunter ATB