[Dailydrool] Happy Topic - foster puppies!

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:22:06 PDT 2009

I am currently fostering two 9-week-old basset buppies for OMBR.  They
already have a home to go to (they are being adopted together), but I
thought everyone here might appreciate some pics and video.

I started out with 3, but one got adopted last weekend.  Here is video
of the three, last week:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r20igp4qCX4

Here is video of just Tink and Tank, this week:
Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBzfokRQuzI

Be sure to turn the sound up on the videos, for my (unintentionally)
hilarious attempts to get the pups to cooperate with me!

Here are pics of them (starting with pics. no. 19 in the album):  New
pics::  http://imageevent.com/menzie/presley

They are growing like weeds, of course.  They have definite personalities now.

Tank is a bit more laid-back in personality, except where food is
involved.  I have to feed them in separate bowls, because he will push
her right off the food.  So when i put down two bowls, it goes like
this:
1. Tank runs to a bowl and starts to gobble.  Tink takes the other bowl.
2.  After about 5 seconds, Tank becomes convinced that tink's bowl is
better, so he runs over and pushes her off of it.  She goes back to
his (previous) bowl, and starts eating it instead.
3.  After about another 5 seconds, Tank figures that if Tink is now
eating out of his first bowl, it must suddenly have something new and
better in it.  So he runs over and pushes her out of that bowl.
4.  Repeat until the bowls are empty.  LOL!

Tink is already training to be someone's spoiled princess.  When you
pick her up, she snuggles onto your shoulder and is perfectly happy to
stay there, looking around at everything else.  She has the perfect
"who, poor little innocent me?" expression down perfectly already.
She takes no c**p from Tank, though; during wrestling bouts, she more
than holds her own with him!  She's a bit more timid at first with new
dogs and people, but they both warm up after a minute or two.  I am
introducing them to lots of neighbors, neighbors dogs, and neighbors
kids, to make sure they get lots of socialization and expsoure to new
experiences.  They are doing pretty good with the potty-training; they
NEVEr poop int heir puppy pen now, they hold it and cry for me to come
take them out.

As you will see from the video, they are happy and playful, and
*mischievous* little stinkers.  They are tons of fun to watch,
tumbling about the yard, trying to "leap" through the grass, and
jumping on each other.  They are best friends.

everyone enjoy!

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!