[Dailydrool] And one more test..... Ponds, Laundry and Bunnies (oh my!)

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 14:06:43 PDT 2009

Please bear with me!......
Morse's new pet hate is me cleaning out the pond.   I start to pull leaves out with the net and he stands behind me, simmering with irritation.  Then he aroooooooooos suddenly, loudly, which invariably makes me jump and almost fall headlong into the pond.  He then bites the end of the stick, and we do tug of war.  He also has a thing about water.  If I am watering the garden and spill any of the water near him he charges round like a maniac!   Another favourite game (does your basset do this?) is pulling the laundry out of the basket, or running down the garden with pegs in his mouth.  Today he took my slippers out of the basket and they had only just been washed - one of them is still out in the middle of the garden, muddied and slobbered on.  Now, as I have mentioned, Morse likes bunnies.  Dead ones, however, are the only ones he notices - usually the decaying smell grabs his interest.  To prove this point, he was in the field a few weeks ago and a
 bunny came out of the hedge, saw Morse and jumped straight over him.  He didn't notice a thing.

Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB