[Dailydrool] New to DD: Pink Floyd and Nicole say "Arrrrrrrrrroooooooooooo!"

Nicole Harter nicoletto79 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:50:02 PDT 2009

Dear Droolers,

I've been following your list for awhile but just now took the time to
subscribe. I've been a proud parent to Floyd the Basset Hound (aka "Pink
Floyd") since July, 2008. He's approximately 3-4 years old (don't know much
about his history) and loves cuddling, running, snooping, howling at the
pomeranian that lives in the yard behind us, and sleeping. So far, he
doesn't particularly appreciate other boy dogs, but he loves the ladies. My
roommate has a 10-year-old female Doberman named Dakota, who begrudgingly
loves and tolerates the hound of the house. He has several other girl-dog
friends as well; he loves to chase all of them at top speed while howling
longingly. It's great to be connected to so many other basset-lovers! I've
never known a sweeter, sillier dog. He's my best friend.

Here's a pic of Floyd, taken on New Year's Day with a party hat we found on
the sidewalk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26607765@N02/3158381159/
He's 60 lbs and fit as a fiddle!

Drool and wags,