[Dailydrool] Maggie and the 500

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:30:35 PDT 2009

Well, my Maggie vomited again last night. I believe it was about a week ago
when she vomited.  I think my hounds know when Thursday is. That is when our
vet is closed.  She vomited up bile in the middle of the night.  I think
that I will give her a small treat before bed to see if it makes a
difference. She had vomited before 6 am.  Guess I will have to go out in the
rain in the yard to check out her poo when she goes also just to be sure.  I
don't know how everyone does it. As soon as I even think anything is wrong
with her I start to go paranoid that something more is wrong just due to her
age. I know that many bassets have lived years beyond her age (9 years 4 1/2
months), but I still cannot help being nervous nelly. I know probably all of
you get worried no matter what the age, but I personally get more worried
about her than Mazzie who is 5.  Maggie must not be feeling well as she only
gave a small grumble for Cooper to get away from her this morning.
The 500 around here becomes the hound 500 instead of the basset 500.  All
usually join in. We have Maggie who likes to stand in the way and bark out
orders, but will go about one lap running. Then, we have Mazzie (basset age
5 1/2) who ducks down and will hide and jump out at the boys and start up
the game. Then, we have Oliver (2 year old "tweenie" doxie) who will run and
leave the bassets in the dust. Then, lastly we have Cooper (10 month old
mini doxie) who often times gets knocked over or something, but gets right
back up and tries to keep up running.  He has a shrill bark at his 7-8 pound
body (he does not get hurt or even close to it).  I just sit back or stand
and watch them all have the time of their lives. It is so funny to watch
their facial expressions.  The kitchen chairs often get moved alot as they
round the table and run back into the living room.  Outside, when they start
up they often have the 2 dogs next door on the other side of the fence who
bark them on and are spectators at their event.

I will send another email about a funny hound 500 story since this is
already so long.
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper