[Dailydrool] funny 500 story and short/tall

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:43:39 PDT 2009

So, as stated prior, we have the hound 500 here.  The story is only funny
because no one was hurt.  The hounds decided to have the hound 500 outside
when we had snow.  The bassets are running around and Maggie is barking out
orders. I am standing at the back gate watching them. Here comes Oliver (2
year old doxie) rounding the corner very fast.  He takes a sharp left onto
the snow and attempts to run another lap when he starts skidding out.  He
ends up on his left side and slides at least 4 feet on the extremely
slippery snow. Picture his long body sliding with 4 paws off the ground.
Like I said, it was only funny because no one was hurt. It was not funny to
me at the time because I was frantic that he could have hurt his back in
that maneuver.
  The vet picks on me in a kidding way saying that I like the long ears and
short bodies hence taking in breeds that are "cousins" as he says.  Well, I
am short and I can relate to the short legs.  I do like tall legged dogs
though, but we travel to see family alot and the shorter hounds are less in
the way then a tall dog as there is already 2 chocolate labs at get
togethers at my Mom's. I would love to get a blood hound. The tallest dog I
have dealt with was my nephew (Saint Bernard). I will never forget the day
we walk into the vet and he literally pulled me across the vet office to see
another dog. Then there is the day that he pushed my automatic car into
neutral when I was driving in a 55 zone. He loved cheeseburgers from
McDonalds.  Lastly, I will never forget when he came up behind me
and nudged my legs apart and went between them and flipped me right over.
 He was a 160 pound teddy bear though. I miss him. Now, there is Rocky the
chocolate lab nephew. He stands up and puts his paws on my shoulder and
gives me a big slurpy kiss. It drives my brother crazy because he makes me
stumble backwards and almost knocks me over. Then, there is Hershey,
my niece chocolate lab, who will sit on my lap and thinks she is a lap dog.
 My mother tells her she is a horse when she does this.
Anyhow, DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper