[Dailydrool] Prawns, Orchards & Bones OH MY

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 04:25:26 PDT 2009

It is coming to the time when words are going to be exhchanged between the silly lady down the road who keeps leaving food out, and I.  I am not sure of the type of animal she is hoping to attract (rats?), but this morning she has left prawns and some kind of mackerel or haddock in a pile on the grass.  This is on a communal lawn to the flats, and there is no boundary fence, so, with Morse's snooter going into overdrive, he was beside himself when I dragged him away.
After bypassing 2 new decaying rabbits, we found ourselves in the orchard.  This has never been a problem area, but this morning Morse dived through the orchard as opposed to our normal route, going round.  Going through the orchard throws up a huge problem.  The low part of the orchard just above ground level (i.e. Morse level) is clear, but on my level its like walking through thousands of very tough (and spiteful) deer antlers.  He is now tearing through at a serious pace, and I am spluttering to keep up, with antler-like branches hitting me in the face, my hat has fallen off and I am covered in green dust from the trees.  Then I see him through the branches and my heart sinks.  He is eating, and wagging his tail - which is a well-known sign that what he has found is truly hideous.  I shout at him (and I note a touch of hysteria in my voice), and when I finally get to him I pull out what is remaining of a dead bird, but I had heard crunching too, so
 am not sure how much he had consumed.  *sigh*.  I then look for some damp grass to wipe my deadbird-infested-hands.
Back at home now, he is sleeping soundly.  I notice I have a slight headache starting again.  Is there a condition known as basset-related-migraine?

Becky (reaching for the Hedex), Morse (bones were tasty) and Pumbaa ATB - who never ate carcass\turd (bird bones? Yuk. You need to improve your tastebuds boy) x