[Dailydrool] thank doG for barkers

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 04:55:13 PDT 2009

I was out in the yard last night cleaning up the few days of "deposits" from
the dogs in the fenced in yard.  My 9 year old son is outside the fence
playing.  All of a sudden the dogs all start barking and a few have hair
raised down the center of their backs. That is a sign to me that something
is wrong. I look up and right across the road from my son is a pitbull.  He
is big boned and looks very fit. My dogs are going hysterical so I start
trying to yell over them telling my son to come away from the road.  He was
about 15 feet from my son.
 This particular dog has jumped out the window at us and came running at us
before when we were walking.  There is a leash law, but they do not abide by
it. He actually lives in another house and not the one he was in front of.
 There are cars coming both ways so I do not want the dog to get hit and I
do not want him to cross the street either to get by my son. My son had a
stick in his hand swinging it around and I did not want the dog to think he
was going to hit him and possibly go after my son for that. Then, the
barking started from across the road and I am trying to tell my son to walk
slowly toward me.

The neighbor who owns the dog walks into the other neighbor's yard and just
watches.  He is an ex-con and has spent time in jail a few times for drug
charges which doesn't really matter as he could be mr. perfect citizen and
not abide by the dog rules either. . Anyhow, I am so thankful that my dogs
are barkers as I was not looking up as I was shoveling up "deposits" into
the bags.  The pit bull has never bitten anyone that I am aware of, but he
is un-neutered and has chased more than us on walks.  I gave the owner a
piece of my mind before when he came after us when we had 2 kids on bikes
and 3 dogs and I picked up our doxie and was holding him and the pitbull
kept jumping at him. My husband said I overreacted, but I abide by the dog
rules of the city and they do not

 I know that there are stereotypes with certain breeds, but I am not risking
it with any breed either. Any breed could be a biter, but to me the pit bull
is very strong and broad bodied and could do alot of damage if he so chooses
too.  Not sure if it is because of the male gender, but the hound giving the
most stink and going crazy on my side of the fence is my 2 year old doxie.
 I put 3 out of 4 in the house as my Maggie who we have had since my son was
9 months old refused to go inside. She sat up on the bench seat in the
backyard like she was watching out for her boy while I finished the yard.
When the yard was finished all 3 of us went in the house. Maggie would not
come in until Trey walked in first.  She is a good girl.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper