[Dailydrool] Nail Cutting, New Droolers & Basset Welfare Walk Sun 19 April

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 14:43:32 PDT 2009

No, da brudder is not alone in hating his nails being cut.  Morse absolutely hates it and we only get to do it by creeping up on him while he is sound asleep, CHOMP go the nail-cutters, and we soothe his horrified face with a slice of sausage.
This morning, out on our walk, we came across 3 cyclists - a father and 2 sons, who were aged about 12-ish.  The father said both children loved bassets, so they laid their bikes down and went over to pat Morse, who was delighted and after giving them very sorrowful eyes for a few seconds, collapsed back on the pavement full length for a bellyrub.  Two girls training for the marathon ran around him at one point and he looked faintly irritated that they were disturbing such a pleasurable interlude.  The father said the 2 boys want a basset, so I invited them to join the basset welfare walk on 19 April where there should be at least 30 bassets, to get some idea of what bassets are like.  Only an hour later, when we were home, hubby shouts out - from the kitchen - 'basset walking up the road!!!'  I immediately go scurrying out, hollering 'excuse me!!!' up the road - she turns round, and after a few introductions ('you don't own Morse do you?  I've heard
 about Morse!!') she came back to ours with her son's basset Hank (lovely tricolour), and Morse and Hank got acquainted in the garden.  Hopefully they are coming to the walk too.

Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB x