[Dailydrool] More Drool

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Mon Mar 23 15:03:05 PDT 2009

Sorry - seems I've been asking for the lion's share of the drool lately, but I could really use some for Barney. Last week I felt a firm spot in his abdomen when I was rubbing is belly. Took him in and we did an x-ray that didn't show much. The vet was going to let it go, but I pushed for an ultrasound which we did today. His spleen is toast and there is a mass sitting on his liver. His heart, kidneys, and bladder look OK. We sent labs to make sure his liver enzymes aren't elevated (then all bets are off) but if everything looks ok, he goes in Friday to have his spleen removed and see what is going on with his liver. We suspect hemangiosarcoma, but won't know until the vet gets in and looks. He thinks he can get the liver mass off too, it is sitting on the liver, not in the parenchyma. Since Barney is otherwise healthy and perky, not compromised other than a 5 lb weight loss, we think it's worth it to do the surgery. So, if you can spare a good thought for Barney on Friday that the surgery goes well and the vet is able to take care of everything, we'd appreciate it.

Synthia - see, rubbing those bellies is important!
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl
Ace, Maya, Sage