[Dailydrool] buzzing & bm's

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:17:58 PDT 2009

The Dad Slave was off from work today and managed to do some yard work.
While outside he heard some buzzing and he reached up and killed a mosquito.
 Oh no, already?  We live in NY state in the area that is known as the snow
belt.  If we have mosquitos then most everyone is probably getting them soon
or already has them.  For those of you who choose to do this (and I know
some of you don't--your choice, your reasons) it is time for the heartworm
testing and prevention again.  My vet does not have us keep the hounds on
them all year long. We stop for about 3-4 months in the deep winter.  So,
last time I knew heartworm tests were at least $30 times 2 bassets and 2
doxies equals at least $120 without the cost of the prevention. Definitely
worth it for us.  We will be taking them in very soon as in this week. I
have to check on my supply of heartworm prevention to see who I have what
for depending on weight.  That means we will know if any of the bassets are
going on the green bean diet soon.
Mazzie is due for vaccinations and a fecal check, etc. I know it would be a
waste of my time to do another x ray on her for her back fusion.  It is
slowly getting worse. Today I noticed that she is having trouble having a
bm. We do the pumpkin for fiber and we give yogurt for the active cultures
in the am for all.  She is 5 1/2 years old and she should not even be able
to walk due to the fusion. She is a humane society girl.  The vet has said
that she will eventually develop fecal incontinence issues. I was hoping for
later rather then sooner.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper