[Dailydrool] rain and snow

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 07:11:19 PDT 2009

Last night it rained. Then it got cold and changed to snow.
Rain was bad enough. Conley goes out and comes right back in. In honesty, it
is a COLD rain,and he is a little boy. By last night housebreaking was
pretty much a thing of the past. He would go to the door, turn around and
look for someplace warmer and dryer. I would carry him out. He would run for
the door, scratch at it and cry piteously. I carried him back out in the
yard cooing encouraging  phrases as I watched his backside disappear around
the corner, headed for the door. I trudge back listening to him weeping and
pummeling the door with his little feet.
He peed on the floor by the front door as if to say "I tried to get out this
door, where the weather is better, but they wouldn't let me."

So last night it got cold and by this morning it had stopped raining and
started snowing, those huge, fat, wet flakes. I took him out. Snow must be
something he is used to, being from Wisconsin, right? El Wrongo.
Snow is definitely NOT on his list of things to enjoy. Shivering, trembling,
making tiny sobbing noises, he went about his business, stepping on his ears
and grinding them into the slobby wet white stuff, lifting his paws higher,
shaking in a combination of horror and cold, rushing full speed for the door
the instant he was done. I had to toss stuff in the dog barrel. He followed
me (he does this) and the expression on his face was one of deep distress
and disgust (He has to be sure I don't get into trouble out there: it's a
big old world and I can reach the dog food.).
I have started keeping warm towels in the dryer for him. It's going to be a
very long day.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley (eeeuuuwwww) and Cooper