[Dailydrool] The Moving Adventure

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 12:30:14 PDT 2009

All 3 dogs are now in NC.  Moving a 13 1/2 year old, a few days after surgery was a challenge, but he was such a great sport. The Vet did not rule out cancer, but the growth did not impact anything major.  We consider every day a gift.  He is such a happy dog and loves the attention the bassets give him.  He does have a funny hair cut.  He loves traveling.  We stopped for walks, water and snacks along the way.  Gallagher is much smarter than we thought.  He is very good at ringing his bell to go outside.  While Dad was loading the car early Tuesday morning with the last few things - Gallagher jumped in the front seat.  He put all his weight on his 2 paws to beep the horn.  We thought it was accidental, until he repeated the trick anytime Daddy left the car (rest stops).  MacKenzie is not a great traveler so our Vet gave her a mild medication to ease the trip.  It worked very well.  She sat in the front seat with me - with her special harness and the air bags off.  I managed to fill up the floor in front of her so her bed could be bigger than the front seat.  Her ride was comfy - as it should be for such "royalty".  We had a bit of a scare when we arrived.  Cysco was very stiff and had to be carried into the house.  The next morning he was himself again.   All 3 dogs are enjoying their walks at the "new" house.  We get to meet a new Vet next week to have Cysco'
s stitches removed.

Julie - now from NC.  - so when is the next NC Waddle???