[Dailydrool] Hi All

Donna Grube elkie1 at att.net
Sun Mar 29 16:39:50 PDT 2009

Hellooooooooooooo,

Just wanted to say hi.  I was on this list back in the early days for a long time.  I stopped when I awhile back when I was working, going to school full time AND homeschooling!  My 4 legger is grown, so I need something to help fill the nest!

I had 2 bassets back in those days.  Willie Nelson who is 12 is doing ok, moving slow but is still up for a good game of catch me if you can every now and then. He is a rescue from Southern CA.

Then there was Beaucephus who crossed the bridge a year ago.  Midnight run 90 miles to to the emergency vet. Preying that he'd make it there.  The vet said he had a ruptured tumor and surgery would only give him another month or so . . . if he made it thru the surgery.  To compound the problem, he doesn't do well on anestesia. Hardest decision of my life, but he crossed in my arms. Still cry about it. I miss him.  He lived to be a ripe old age of 13, almost made it to 14.  Bought him at a pet store before I knew any better. This list taught me about puppy mills!

 Every dog since has been a rescue. Elkie is a catahoula rescued from a high kill shelter as a puppy.  Drove 750 miles round trip in a day to get her.  AND then there is Tucker.  A big hunting hound that a friend gave me versus putting down.  He's a red/blue tick cross AND ALL HOUND.

I used to this bassets were hard headed! Bassets are a walk in the park compared to Tucker The Moose.   You know scent hounds are the best!  They are soooo independent and hard headed but they are the biggest babies and snuggle puppies there are!  I don't know any group of breeds that have so much personality and cuteness.  AND the drool, we really should start marketing it as an industrial strength adhesive!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let y'all know I'm back.

Drool Rules,
Donna