[Dailydrool] Angela says "oh, no, not Nudgie"

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon May 4 08:58:49 PDT 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is bereft and sends our deepest sympathies on the passing of the great old guy Nudgie.  What can we say to make it better?  Nothing we guess, but we feel like we need to say or do something.   Maybe send a check to the folks at the BassetsRUs retirement ranch.

On another topic, Miss Angela is off her feed again.  It could be that she is not happy with the food I bring her (though if I change brands, she will snarf it up for about two days, then revert to her old ways).  More likely, she knows that I was in Mexico for the first week of April and she thinks that I may be infected with the H1N1 virus.  She has been a bit stand off-ish too, now that I think about it.  She wants to go to the neighbor's house all the time and doesn't want to cuddle with me.  Every time I cough or sneeze, she raises one eyebrow in her inimitable way.  That must be it. The media hullabaloo about the "swine" flu has her abnormally wary.   Of course, she is also shedding and I keep trying to Furminate her for which she also has little patience. I suppose this too shall pass.

Bill (Really, I'm not sick)
Angela (Don't you have a gas mask or something?)