[Dailydrool] Elder Clara's Sr. Moment

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:21:22 PDT 2009

My Sr. Hound Copper, who is approx. 11 years old,  does this sometimes.  I
don't have any idea what triggers it, but something does.  Elphaba, our
three year old, will decide to get up and walk somewhere, usually somewhere
completely normal like the toys, or the water dish, or even just get up to
stretch.  Normally, Copper completely ignores her, as she moves around about
100 time more than he does, in fact, he usually sleeps through most of her
gallivanting about the house.

But, every once in a while, for no discernible reason, Elphaba will move,
and Copper will fly across the room at her barking or growling.  We have the
same response you did, usually yelling, "Copper!" and leaping up.  He then
usually returns to wherever he was lounging/sleeping before it happened, and
goes on like nothing happened.

It's a mystery to me what triggers it, but it's comforting to know that he's
not the only Sr. Hound that does it.

Brenda- momperson to Copper (I has my reasons and they secret) and Elphaba
(What? Huh? What did I do?)