[Dailydrool] Food and ticks

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri May 8 07:51:47 PDT 2009

In a perfect world,?the best way to eliminate ticks in houndage is to make sure they are on a flea and tick preventative; if the tick latches?it soon unlatchs on its own, thus making removal unnecessary.? That being said, however, should it become necessary to remove one I found a nifty little inexpensive?gadget at one of the pet chains. It's looks a bit like a measuring spoon with a v-shape?notched into it.? The idea is to slip the cupped side with the notch under the body of the tick up to the point of the notch and then pull upward.? The tick should let go and fall into the "spoon."? You don't have to touch said gross?tick this way.? However, if?I had forceps I would use them also.
Bev, I like the idea of lighting them on fire...bwaaaaahaaahaaaa....

To the drooler whose girl is a bit "fluffy" and wants some suggestions regarding food for weight management, I was introduced to?Flint River food by Ginny Tata-Phillips of Basset Ku fame,?and our crew loves it!? It contains no meat by-products, is baked for better flavor and easier digestion, comes in several flavors including a "no wheat" option, and best of all, is shipped FREE to your door in just a few days after ordering.? I also feed their treats and they love them, also.?

I feed all of them two cups of food?daily.? Three out of the four?tend toward weight issues but are now a healthy weight with sleek, shiny coats.? At night with?dinner they get a 1/4 cup of green beans and a tablespoon of plain yogurt mixed in and eat with gusto.? E-mail me or Ginny off-line and I'll send you a link to their website.

Sandi, Mamaslave to the Belles and The Boys - Daisy, Delilah, Dozer the Hunter, and Dudley
Sandi