[Dailydrool] What to do for Dog who Licks foot

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 8 08:44:38 PDT 2009

Did Molly start licking her feet AFTER you used the vinegar solution on your floors? Does she often walk in the room(s) where you used the vinegar solution? Vinegar is acid based. Depending upon solution strength, and how sensitive Molly's pads are, she could be feeling an unpleasant burning or tingling sensation, causing her to lick, leading to foot "yuck".

--RichS: husband to Patty, poppa to Bullet the basset, Jester the border terrier, and 7 dear departed ATB

Anyway we have a new problem. For the last few days Molly has been licking her feet and now it is really red and just yuck looking.. I have given her Benidryl thinking it was an allergy to the fresh cut grass.  But she continues to lick.  Any ideas?

Heather