[Dailydrool] One Year Old Basset On Craig's List

Melissa and Jo mibassetrescue at comcast.net
Mon May 11 13:53:57 PDT 2009

I did talk to the owner on the phone for quite a while giving him some ideas
on how to make things better with his basset. He indicated they really
wanted to keep him and he seemed open to my suggestions....first of which
was NEUTER HIM!

I can't help being a little gun shy right now whenever I have an owner call
wanting to give up a dog and they use the word "aggressive" to describe the
dog. Recently, we had a foster mom get badly bitten when attacked by her one
year old foster. She had to go to the E.R. for stiches!! He had been in a
shelter, adopted, returned and adoptend and returned again. Still, we
thought maybe it was just because whoever had him didn't understand the
breed, etc. We do try to "save them all" when we know it's not possible. So
when heard about the dog on Craig's List I called the owner to see what the
dog had going on and after talking to him decided it best for him to work
with the dog and keep him. He made it sound to me like that was what he
really wanted to do.

Melissa
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets