[Dailydrool] Eating - and pooping - Grass!

Sue Stevens suestevens at woh.rr.com
Mon May 11 17:35:38 PDT 2009

First, drool to all in need.... and best of luck on all the waddles
and walks and other fundraisers! Basset Hounds rule!

But my basset hound thinks he's a cow... or a goat... or something.
He loves loves loves to eat grass. He prefers either the brand new
stuff that comes out in the spring, or the tall nearly crab grass
variety. He loves a certain type of weed as well. He takes his
grazing very seriously - and will not be distracted, interrupted or
detained.

We try to keep him away from treated grass of course.

After all this grass eating.... and by the way, the dog has seasonal
allergies so he's been scratching like crazy and has to be on
benedryl nearly year round... after all the grass eating he has
trouble digesting it ... and well, passing it.

Help?! Any suggestions on curbing this mania?

Sue and Brian
Onslow --- munch, munch, munch.... where's the salad bar...