[Dailydrool] kibble prices

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:06:56 PDT 2009

So, I went into PetSmart today to buy the usual Blue Buffalo Chicken and
Rice formula for Maggie and the 2 doxie boys and was surprised to see
another kibble price increase.  For 15 lbs the price was $27.99 plus tax
which came to over $30.00. The 30 lb bag was $44.99 plus tax which would
have would have been the better deal, but I only had $40 something cash on
me and we ran into a project problem yesterday which we found some black
mold problem so we had to spend some very unexpected money on building
supplies so watching what we spend this week. Anyhow, the average price was
around $2 per pound of food which I have 3 dogs I feed on this food and I
have another basset I feed on a food that is over $1 something per pound. I
am (once again) debating a food change for 3 of the dogs or trying to see if
anyone else knows why there is a price increase? Bad crops season? I know
gasoline has gone up about .20 cents a gallon in the last month or two, but
just trying to be economical as it is getting to be almost summer vacation
which means we will have almost $200 more per week in expenses when we have
to pay for child care for kids that are usually in school. Anyhow, anyone
else notice that it is costing more to feed their furbabies?

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver & Cooper