[Dailydrool] Mango post - op

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue May 12 16:13:33 PDT 2009

Just got home from a quick visit with Mango. She is very groggy and came weaving out to the consultation room. I think she appreciated the visit, but was wondering why there were two or three of me LOL. The dressing on her shoulder is saturated, so it is oozing as the surgeon expected. Her foot is wrapped in a thick bandage and she can't quite figure out what to do with it. The dressing was coming off her hip, but at least it wasn't bleeding as much. She was in some pain from the shoulder - every time she would start to lay down she'd cry and stand back up. She sat OK, so the back leg wasn't as bad. They said she was due for more meds.

The surgeon said everything went well. We will start tapering off the prednisone, which means I will be stopping the carafate soon too. With the mast cells off, I should be able to stop the benadryl. She will stay on the reglan and zantac for a while, then maybe get off those too. She will also have a few weeks of antibiotics. I know she's miserable now, but after a couple of days, I bet she will feel better than she has in a long time now that the tumors are removed.

On another note, Kahuna had his second agility class and he is really having fun. We are still practicing the shoot (tunnel with cloth at the end) with it being held open but he went over on his own and ran through more than once with it completely out and collapsed. He loves the dog walk and a-frame too. Still working on the jumps, but he's not doing too bad. I think I'm going to have to keep him in classes since he enjoys it so much.

Drool to Fizban and other sick houndies and heart drool for those gone to the Bridge...I just saw the post about Jellybean...and poor Elwood, and I know there are more.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl, Mango, in transit Bodhi
Ace, Sage, Maya, Kirby