[Dailydrool] weight control food and constipation

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:26:28 PDT 2009

Has anyone noticed when switching their basset from regular food to weight
control food that they get constipated?

We had put Santana on the same brand Blue Buffalo weight control formula.
We have a puppy now who is 7mths and she keeps him active.  I was getting
worried as he would get out of breath and couldn't keep up with her.  He
really loves playing with her though so I figured it might be time for him
to shed a few lbs.

Last time at the vet he was 68lbs .  He is a big boy, don't look fat but
can't see his waist or feel his ribs too much.  The vet was happy with him
at 64lbs. He has a huge chest and has huge muscle legs so I know he is meant
to be a big boy but could shed a few pounds.

We do the green beans also and he gets fed carrots.  I added some yogurt 1
spoon to his food as he was battling a case of giardia he caught from his
sissy Lilly.  However I noticed with the food change we had some
constipation going on.  I thought maybe the yogurt would help a little it
has but still wondering if it coming from the food change? Maybe I can try
some pumpkin...

THanks!!!

--
Anitra
Momma To

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Basset Hound licking your face