[Dailydrool] From one extreme to another

Heidi I Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Wed May 13 04:44:24 PDT 2009

What a difference and I'm not even sure what to make of it.  Mr.
"Medical Mystery" Buford has done a full 180 on me over the last
couple days.  His food has been changed to a hypo-allergenic food.
He's on Zantac, Reglan and Carafate, as well as a touch of liquid Gas-
X to ease his digestive/bloating problems.  I have no idea what is
helping him and fortunately we've not had any more scary moments of
bloating like last week+......now here's were we do the 180.

For 2.5 years, since he started having all his problems (which
ultimately led to Cushings) he's been sleeping upstairs in my
bedroom.  Call it paranoia but if he needed help or was in any sort
of distress I was 1) afraid I wouldn't hear him if he was downstairs
and 2) I didn't want to trip and kill myself racing down the stairs
to get to him.  So after many years of him being the "grownup boy"
and sleeping in the living room on his favorite chair protecting the
household, Buford moved upstairs for bedtime.

The last 3 nights getting him to go upstairs was harder than keeping
drool off the walls after a thorough head shaking.  He pulled flat-
basset each time so I took a deep breath and gave in.  The phrase "it
will be what it will be" is how I live with him now--so for the first
time in ages my boy slept downstairs.

And now the rest of the 180:

The last couple mornings my gorgeous old man has come bounding up the
stairs to wake me at 5 AM--BREAKFAST TIME!  I'm ok with that--he's
always woken up with the morning birds.  We all go downstairs and the
breakfast routine begins--and aside from the added pills, the routine
is the same as it has always been, except one thing:  post-breakfast
routine has changed dramatically.  For years it was "outside for
morning business, inside for food, outside for rest of morning
business, out cold on the family room couch."

Now the "out cold" part has been replaced with "OMG!  I have a
SISTER!  She's DIFFERENT than me!  I think I **LIKE** her,
REEAAALLLY LIKE HER!"  And so begins a 15-20 minute "I have no idea
why I'm first chasing her, then pulling on her ears, then crawling up
on her back but I just HAVE to do this!!"

My 10 1/2 year old boy has finally discovered his sex drive.....at
5:30 AM every morning.

--heidi (yawn--do you HAVE to do that NOW?!)
--buford (oh baby, oh baby, on!)
--della (um, uh, could you get off my back please?!)
--guinness (I'm out of here--open that back door NOW!)