[Dailydrool] No More Dog Food!! Just Treats, Treats and More Treats!

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Wed May 20 09:33:27 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

This is Lilie and I have a wonderful announcement to make.  My Mom is the
best, sweetest and most loving Mom in the whole world.  She loves us lots
and lots and wants to make us happy.

We no longer have to eat that boring dog food in a bowl.  Now we eat treats
for breakfast and treats for dinner and nothing is in a bowl except water.
We are very, very happy!

This is the Mom - yes, no more dog food in a bowl.  They always had kibble
in a large bowl so they could munch when they were hungry.  They knew it was
dog food because it was in the bowl, and had very little interest in it
(except for Daffodil who is a little piggie...and that's another story).

I switched their food to Flint River Ranch because of someone's
recommendation (sorry, can't remember who right now) and since it's meant to
be eaten in smaller amounts, I decided to tell them it was a treat.  Each
morning and evening, I throw handfuls of their food onto the kitchen floor
(where much of the other kibble would end up anyway), and they happily
gobble it right up.  It works out to about 2 cups a day for each basset and
a little over 1/2 cup for Daisy the Yorkie.  They are so happy with their
new "treats" and I'm happy because they actually want to eat now.

No tummy problems and I do love the fact that they will ship it to me for
free (OK, maybe the cost of the shipping is in the cost of the food, but I'm
still happy).

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil