[Dailydrool] another basset?

BRYAN MARTINEZ brymart at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 09:00:33 PDT 2009

encourage me , fellow droolers!
I have a 9 year old houndie, who seems to get excited and happy
whenever we encounter a doggie on our walks (most of the time--
occasionally she and another female will sniff noses and engage in
combat!) and cannot STAND to be apart from me (one person household).
I thought that it would be so cool if I could get a hound that MY
hound would bond to...a sister four legger...... I clicked into my
local basset rescue site and happened upon an 10 year old stray
houndie in need of rescue. Her , yes her, foster parent says she is
healthy but cant tolerate long walks , never barks or begs or
countersurfs , is very loving and quiet.  sounds good.......the extra
$ required is doable, but I am afraid to take the plunge.....
my houndie gets jealous and possessive when I give attention to
another critter ....and, what if its WW3 when we get home even if they
seem to get along in the park (where they are scheduled to meet this
monday)
I guess i am getting nervous about a potential, for me, MAJOR life
change and would love to hear some encouragement and any advice
thanks so much !