[Dailydrool] Rupert - health questions?

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:52:58 PDT 2009

Hey everyone! I have a couple questions I was hoping someone might be able
to help me with. Both concern Rotten Rupert, OEBE's ragmatical regisseur of
random acts of rebellion.

First, every so often he does this hacking cough thing. Its really strange,
like huffing and puffing, as if he's trying to catch his breath and cough
something up at the same time... I haven't figured out why he does it or
what triggers it. It seems very random - I only see him do it a couple times
a month at most but who knows if he does it while he's off on his own. It
lasts for about 10 seconds.

Also, he has always had good skin - especially compared to itchy Cowboy.
Nothing has changed in his diet but we noticed his tail is all scabby like
he's been chewing on it. When Cowboy is itchy he will scratch himself raw
til ihe bleeds but this is more hard and flaky, like extreme dryness. The
only possible factor is that last week I bathed him with Cowboys vet-rx'd
itch-relief shampoo instead of the usual storebought stuff I usually use on
Rupert. I noticed the scabby area on the tail this week but its fully
covered in hair and only was noticed by touch so I am not sure if its new
(as in from the recent bath) or if its older than that....I'm considering
just bathing him again with his regular stuff and seeing if it clears up on
its own but thought I'd check with my drool-experts in case you think he
should get checked out. The scabbiness is only on the tail, no other parts
of his body.

Thanks! and Drool to all in need.
Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert

--