[Dailydrool] Thank you Rose, Annie and Fred

PennyBear pennybear7777 at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 10:36:37 PDT 2009

Thank you guys for your kind words of welcome and encouragement. It really means a lot to me!

Getting
to know Charger this week has been a blast to say the least. After
several forays into the neighborhood, I agree with you totally that
what appears to be aggression is actually fear. Now that he's more
comfortable with me and feels safe I notice he's not "acting out"
towards other adults at least. He's alert and wary and sticks close to
me until we're past them. I'll start trying to deal with his issues
with children next week once he's really settled into a routine.

think I'm going to be okay with fostering him and hopefully others in
the future. I'm totally in love with him of course, and he's a
beautiful dog, but I'm excited about getting him to a point where he
can be a trusted and safe member of his new family and in any
situation. My daughters, though, may be another thing altogether!
They're pretty stuck on him! We'll have to see.

But thanks again and it's good to know there are so many knowlegable Basset people out there I can turn to!

Charger and Shelby