[Dailydrool] Need Advice

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu May 28 17:10:42 PDT 2009

Momma here. My heavens, it is quiet in the home tonight, but been a active hound day. I see all 5 are now taking power naps.
We had the utility folks here today marking the underground lines which created quite a stir in the life of the basset, the baby bunny made a appearance, much to Brudder Jakes pleasure, but he did not get it. I will give him a A for effort.
We have the battle of the doggie door going on here and I am about to bang some heads. Brudder Jake started this a few weeks ago of laying in front of the dog door and not letting the others come or go. We worked with him and he did well, he moved, and seemed to understand this was not acceptable. Good Boy!!! Now we have Sister Daisy doing the same thing. She got Elwood in the snooter a few days ago, and she has now got Brudder Jake. Jake shook it off, but not Elwood. Now I hear this moaning, whimper and here is Elwood wanting in and won't use the dog door. I have refused to open the door, but will push the flap to show him it is fine to come in. Tonight he did seem better, but now I have 5 dogs that all want this certain space. Elder Clara lays there and smiles, Ol Bob is next to her. Jake will tromp over all of them, Sister Daisy tippy toes right on thru, but not Elwood. Then to make matters worse, tonight Elwood does head out the door, he is front half out, Jake decides it is prime time to jump Elwood for a bit of the humpity bump, and Elwood's talleywhacker smacks the dog door frame under Jakes weight. This was somewhat humorous, but no doubt painful.
After Elwoods eyeballs stopped twirling, he requested a ice pack.
How do I resume order of the dog door?????? Please I need some ideas here, it's now not 1 or 2, but all 5----

We also are drooling for Heidi and Buford, we have paws crossed for good news, Renee and Buddydawg, and more drool for Brandie and Mugzy. Get well houndies.

Kacy, we loved the Roopert story of the toebones--I am glad to know I am not alone in the forbidden land of feet.

Ellie, thank you for taking on the calendar again. I see that Otter and Radar on todays page, Radar, happy birthday to another Va Beach hound.

Kathy, congrats on Jordan. I read this with interest, I too want to know how she is getting out of the crate.

Elder Clara is getting her ear flaps in a wad, there are way too many seniors out there waiting for a home-every home should have a few of the hounds, they will bring such joy-who will be next to enjoy a senior hound??

Drool to all in need---

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts