[Dailydrool] Need Advice

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat May 30 14:10:04 PDT 2009

I never had 5 droolers guarding the dog door but Tucker (ATB) Ruby Doo and Abby Gale
use to do this constantly.  Tucker would actually lay with his head on the floor or would
block the door from the outside.  Poor Sadie Maye took the brunt of the "punishment"
and was afraid to go in or out.  Commands fell on deaf ears as this became a game.

My solution was two fold.  Since the door is under a window,  I put Cuddles cage table there.
It backed them up 2 1/2 ft giving the one coming through the door room to escape back out.
Then for a while I would go out with Sadie and because their door is double flapped and a x-large door,
I would be the one that pushed the  flaps from the side.  If someone charged through the door
I sprayed them with my the Mega pump action water gun.  If they didn't charge and played
the "let's wait until the head appears"  I would get down and come through the door.
Imagine the suprise when they were running full tilt to toward the door lipper flaps up, menacing stare
and the grrrrrrrr and meeting Rambo mom protecting the baby with the water gun blasting.
After about a week, though started to change their attitude and stopped guarding the door, if I
heard them start I just yelled "I'm gonna get the squirt gun!"  Everyone backed off and knew I meant
business.  Eventually they just stopped caring who was going in our out.

Ratings by this MomSlave
Cons:  Mom had to crawl through the dog door. I had to clean up the mess afterwards.  Placed on "bad slave" list.  Pouting kidz.
Pros:  They learned to quit guarding. Sadie could come in the house without being pounded on.
Kitchen floor was cleaned more frequently.

Drools to all in need,
Karen and The Dog House Gang  (We showed her.  If we needin to pound on sumbody we juss wate in da
libbing rum now.bwahahahaha)